Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lost Odyssey Environmental VFX for XBOX 360

I got created all of Environmental VFX on the project with Unreal Engine3 combining with Material editor and Cascade. I designed and implemented the VFX such as smoke, fog, fire, spark, water splash, save point, magical FX and interactive event VFX. Developed with UE3 was huge challenge for me and VFX team as a first experience. The VFX style is kind of between realistic and fantasy taste. I aimed to design not only type of realistic VFX but also adding dreadful atmospheric tastes. As a result, Environmental VFX played an extremely vital role in terms of RPG battle, walking through field and cinematics event. Editing visualize node materials were too tricky and expensive at first but finally made it possible to built a lot of types of VFX variation for example blow. That makes me curious so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment